PeopleReady, a TrueBlue Company, is looking for a Senior Director of Data Science Innovation. This role is responsible for revolutionizing the way PeopleReady connects with customers and workers through the innovative use of data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning. She/he will bring thought leadership to PeopleReady and will build and manage a team to execute on a shared vision for realizing the innate power of PeopleReady’s data. The role will require making tactical and strategic decisions while collaborating closely with teams at PeopleReady and across TrueBlue.
TrueBlue, Inc. is the nation’s leading provider of industrial staffing and outsourced workforce solutions. Publicly traded since 1995, the company provides work opportunities to over half million people through service lines such as: PeopleReady, PeopleScout and PeopleManagement.
PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space. It is a product-focused, Chicago-centric, global talent solutions company that prides itself on delivering the best experience to our clients and users. We offer the velocity, energy, and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of over 25 years of success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Architect, position, design, develop and deploy enterprise solutions which include components across the artificial intelligence spectrum such as chatbots, virtual assistants, machine learning, and cognitive services.
- Lead the data science innovation team to predictably, efficiently, and effectively model PeopleReady customer, associate, and business data.
- Identify areas of opportunity for new applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning to continuously innovate and grow PeopleReady’s capabilities in this area.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management on product planning and execution.
- Drive an automation culture throughout delivery: testing, deployment, configuration.
- Iterate on the Agile Scrum practice each sprint to ensure your team is always experimenting and improving their development and planning practices.
- Implement Continuous Integration/Continuous Development capabilities and practices for optimal automation, velocity, and reactivity, as part of a DevOps culture.
- Attract, retain and cultivate a high-performing team of AI/ML and data science professionals by coaching, mentoring, and motivating them on the company vision.
- Communicate updates on sprint outcomes to the Product Management team and Technology leadership.
- Executive-level presence for sharing status, issues, risks, and developing/presenting business case to win funding for product development and new resources.
REQUIREMENTS include the following:
- 10+ years of experience leading software development and/or business intelligence teams that have run Agile and/or Scrum methodology
- 5+ years of experience with the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques in R, Python, C++, Java, or similar languages
- 5+ years of experience with public cloud-based infrastructure and services
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying algorithms at scale in cloud-based environments
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of AI/ML researchers and/or data scientists
- 5+ years of experience working closely with and/or managing machine learning engineers to build and deploy models (e.g. via APIs, scheduled processes, etc.)
- Proven track record of implementing AI/ML and data science practices in conjunction with ongoing development of new software products
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker and Tensorflow
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with .NET Core and other open source frameworks
- Experience with MySQL, Aurora Postgres, SQL Server, and non-relational databases.
- Experience with Docker and Jenkins preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience building APIs and implementing common SOA design patterns and experience with REST web services.
- Self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy.
TrueBlue provides an excellent benefits package, which includes: 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Program, Tuition Reimbursement and comprehensive Health and Welfare coverage including Medical/Dental/Vision and prescription drug benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Us TrueBlue was founded on the idea of connecting people and work. We work with businesses to provide the workforce solutions they need to succeed. Publicly traded since 1998 with annual sales of $2.7B, TrueBlue provides a talented workforce of over 840,000 people and partners with 130,000 companies around the world through three segments: PeopleReady, Workforce Management (PeopleManagement) and PeopleScout.
• PeopleReady provides on-demand and skilled labor in the retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and ports & terminals.
• PeopleManagement provides on-premise contingent staffing and on-premise management of those contingent staffing services.
• PeopleScout provides high-volume permanent employee recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced labor service providers.
We see great opportunity to be the leading provider of contingent workforce solutions in North America and the recruitment process outsourcing solution globally. What we do at TrueBlue is simple – we put people to work and change lives every day.
This is an opportunity for you to join the growth and excitement at TrueBlue. We recruit strong talent that has potential to grow beyond the role initially hired and into future organizational leaders.
Internal ID: 102450
Location/Region: Fox Island, WA