Kent Corporation is seeking an experienced Human Resource Manager. This individual will be responsible for the support of Kent Nutrition Group (KNG) in all aspects of human resources, including talent sourcing, onboarding and retention, performance management, and the training and development of an engaged workforce.
The role will be primarily responsible for supporting KNG, but will collaborate with all Kent Corporation HR department members to implement congruent HR policies, practices, processes and communications across subsidiaries of Kent Corporation.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure an employee oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, productivity and goal management.
• Develop processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organizations business goals.
• Assists with recruiting, interviewing and selecting talent for KNG, including direct, temporary, and contract labor needs. Also participates in the college recruiting efforts for both KNG and other Kent Companies.
• Works with managers to ensure positive onboarding experience for new hires to increase employee retention.
• Conduct exit interviews to interpret themes or conditions that could affect retention and develop recommendations to support change.
• Encourage team member participation in the Learning and Development process, including additional training as needed, specifically at outlying locations.
• Partner with and train managers to provide coaching and counseling to the employee population. Schedule management conferences with employees. Listen to and provide solutions to employee concerns.
• Assists in the annual review and performance evaluation process, including salary and wage administration.
• Works with business leaders and HR peers on benefit communication and administration, including disability, workers compensation, FMLA and other leaves of absence to ensure understanding of benefits, return to work procedures compliance with all applicable processes, procedures and laws.
• Collaborate with HR Manager Benefits in the design and review of corporate benefits programs and communications.
• Consults legal counsel on employee relations and personnel matters as appropriate.
• Participates and contributes to communications initiatives for the Human Resources group, providing suggestions regarding appropriate communications for KNG locations.
• Participates on the Human Resources Leadership Team to set the strategy and priorities for the Human Resources group both short term and long term. Proactively collaborates with HR team members to share best practices, learn from and assist each other as needed.
• Address employee issues that come through a confidential hotline. Exercise flexibility and judgement in dealing with unexpected situations when they arise and draw on various resources as needed for a resolution.
• Monitor changes to state and federal rules or regulations that impact Kent Nutrition group, identifying the best course of action for compliance while collaborating with the HR Benefits and Communications manager for corporate wide compliance.
Organizing, Business Acumen, Comfort with all management levels, Listening, Conflict management, Hiring and staffing, Priority setting, Integrity and trust, Leadership, Collaboration, Self-starter, Communication skills, Process development
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is required.
• Advanced degree is desired.
• Minimum 5 years Human Resource Experience required.
• Previous employee relations experience a plus.
• 25% Travel required for collaboration and service of KNG plant and store location, attending bi-annual HR Leader meetings and on campus recruiting.
Location/Region: Muscatine, Iowa